This weekend

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Friday is looking like the best day of the weekend. We have Brendan, Denny and Gavin coming out. Any towpilots?

Steve

John ScottJohn Scott
        Participant

I will be there by 12:00.John Scott

On Thursday, September 30, 2021, 5:31:48 PM CDT, Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Participant

Sky Sight has improved dramatically for Friday with possible lift up to 6kMSL. Come on out! Tows at 12:00.

Steve

Participant

ANOTHER beautiful day at 55LL. Where have I heard that before?? 8 flights today. Thanks to Geoff for towing so John Scott could enjoy a 2 hr flight in the 1-26. Brendan and Denny took flights and Gavin made good progress doing pattern tows. I had the special privilege of taking old friend Kees up in the Krosno for a 1/2 hr flight. Could have been much longer as we were chasing corn leaves at 5k.

Steve

Participant

If you want to fly Saturday it will have to be early. Sunday appears to be rain all day.

Steve

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                Participant

Hello:

How early is early?  If we have a tow pilot I will be out “early”.  Thanks for the heads up.  I have reserved the 1-26 on Book our plane.  The rest of the page is empty.  Thanks for the updates – your are making me want to retire and hang around 55LL.  See you tomorrow.

Regards,

Rich

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                  Participant

We can keep an eye on the weather radar:

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Sunday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. West southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Participant

For the weekend Friday 8 Oct through Monday 11 October. Looks like Saturday and Sunday will be the best days for flying. Temps will warm up and the rain tapers off. The season is going to end soon so let’s get some flights in before the snow flies. Sign up now!

Steve

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                      Participant

Hello:

I can fly Saturday around noon and Monday.  I will be fighting crime on Sunday.

Regards,

Rich

Participant

Another great day at the office, er airfield. 12 flights total thanks to Mark and Gary towing. Rich, Animesh and Paul all got in some flights and Art took up a scenic ride. Plus a big shout out to Jeff Moran for getting out after an extended break. Welcome back!

I will be making a go/no go decision about Sunday in a couple of hours.

Steve

Jeff MoranJeff Moran
                          Participant
                            On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 6:12 PM Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:
                            Participant

Jeff;

It was good to have you back out today. Unfortunately your comments did not come through with your reply. We think it may be an issue with certain cellphones.

Participant

As for Sunday, the winds will be strong and increasing as early as 0800 with a nearly direct crosswind. Better to save it for another day.

Steve

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.