The week ahead

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

This week will be hot everyday however if there is interest let’s look at Wednesday and Friday as possible fly days. Please reply if you are interested.

Steve

James SlocumJames Slocum
        Participant

I’m up for one or both. I can tow on either.

Jimbob

Sent from my iPhone

Laurentiu NicolaeLaurentiu Nicolae
          Participant
            On Mon, Aug 23, 2021, 6:36 PM Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:
            John LincolnJohn Lincoln
            Participant

I can’t make Wednesday but I plan to be out on Friday. Saturday and even Sunday also look pretty good. John Lincoln

Participant

Update. Let’s skip Wednesday and plan on Friday and the weekend.

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                Participant

How things have changed. Friday doesn’t look so good but Saturday and Sunday still look very good. I’m going to pass on Friday but plan on Saturday and maybe Sunday. John Lincoln

Participant

I’ll be out Friday with a couple of students. Saturday for sure but I can’t make Sunday.

Steve

Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2021 11:28 AM
                    To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
                    Subject: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: The week ahead

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                    Participant
                      On Thu, Aug 26, 2021, 11:32 AM Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:
                      Participant

Start time Friday is 1000hrs.

Steve

John ScottJohn Scott
                        Participant

I’ll be there around 12:00 to 1300 tomorrow to tow if that helps.

John Scott

Participant

Well, did someone say it would be hot? actually, not too bad. Winds kept it comfortable and so we flew. 14 times to be exact! Laurence started things out as he preps for his checkride. Gavin came out and worked on precision and decision making. Even his sister took a flight. Nick was checked out in the 1-34 and made 3 flights and last but not least Shane flew down from Wisconsin and continued his transition to gliders. A big shout out goes to Jimbob and Johnscott for towing and Laurence for running ground ops when he wasn’t flying.  As they say, it takes a village.

Now, about Saturday. Another day like today. Some wind but should be within limits. Lift later in the day may reach 6k. I would like to start at 0900 so if one of our wonderful towpilots can be there it will be appreciated.

Steve

James SlocumJames Slocum
                            Participant

Sorry for the late response. I’m on my way now. See you in :30

Jimbob

Sent from my iPhone

Participant

Well!!. Another busy day at 55LL. A total of 20 flights today despite the rather high temps, the brisk but flyable crosswinds and the east operations. Thanks to Don and John for towing. I believe there were 3 scenic rides today. Two were a husband and wife checking off the bucket list. There was a forecast for good lift. It must have been sent to a different zip code. If I’m not mistaken there were 2 flights over30 minutes.

Sunday looks like a windy day but sometime Monday the colder air should move in. Looking at Tuesday and Wednesday as good flying days.

Steve

Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2021 10:28 AM
                                To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
                                Subject: [Sky Soaring] General Discussion, Reply To: The week ahead

Participant

As of  Sunday morning the next good day is Wednesday. I can be out early but need to leave by 2:00.

Tuesday could be a training day. Sign up if you are interested.

Steve

James SlocumJames Slocum
                                  Participant

I can tow every day except Wednesday morning and Saturday.They have their monthly grillin and chillin at Poplar Grove C77 on Saturday from 11 till 2 that I have to cook for. Benefits the museum. Costs $8

Jimbob

Sent from my iPhone

John LincolnJohn Lincoln
                                    Participant

Wednesday does look good but Tuesday and Thursday aren’t bad either. Tuesday and Thursday will shut down around 4 due to high level clouds moving in but up till then it’s forecast to be good. 3.6 knots of lift on Tuesday and 4.2 on Thursday. Relatively light winds and Cu’s until 4. Wednesday 4.1 knots of lift lasting till 6 but 11 knots of wind all day. Highs on all three days mid to upper 70’s to 80. I have a commitment on Wednesday but would like to fly on Tuesday. Any tow pilots and wing runners out there for Tuesday? John Lincoln

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by John LincolnJohn Lincoln.
                                      Participant

Last call for Tuesday. 2 are signed up and looking for more. Should be nice to fly in cooler conditions. Please reply.

Steve

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                                        Participant

I’m signed for Tues, but cannot arrive till 2–2:30p, (another conflict)
                                          <p style=”text-align: left;”>Also BOP’d for Wed, but can move that to Thurs of that day is wish of others.</p>

Participant

I am updating my schedule as Tuesday through Thursday this week.

Steve

Laurentiu NicolaeLaurentiu Nicolae
                                            Participant
                                              On Mon, Aug 30, 2021, 4:42 PM Sky Soaring <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:
                                              Participant

Looks like we have a tow pilot or 2 so come on out.

Participant

So today was another good day at 55LL. In total there were 13 flights thanks in part to a guest appearance from Mark Mallamo doing some instructing as well as towing. Brendon is now checked out in the Krosno and Laurence is ready for his check ride. Andy and Mark Reich also flew and Don and John S towed. And of course John Lincoln had the longest flight of the day.

Wednesday looks even better so come on out.

Steve

Participant

So, not the great day that was forecast but still a nice day. 8 flights total. Thanks to Mark for instructing and John, Jim and Mark for towing.

Let’s try it again tomorrow.

Participant

Thursday recap. 9 flights with John S leading the way with 3 hours in the 1-26. 2 more flights over 1 hr and several training flights.

Friday will be a good day to stat home.

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.