Saturday and Sunday

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Saturday and Sunday

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven SnyderSteven Snyder
      Participant

Saturday and possibly Sunday are also looking decent at this time. I have 1 student at 8 Saturday and need a couple more to sign up so we can have an operation.

Let’s do this.

Steve

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
        Participant
          I believe I can help w/ Ground Ops on Saturday 5-7-22
          Joseph RicciardiJoseph Ricciardi
          Participant

Steve,Booked Vince at work and I will fly if feeling well (still have a touch of head cold

Joe

Sent from my iPhone

Steve, I’m also looking for an opportunity for a spring check out and BFR

Regards,

Kees

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
            Participant

Hello:I also need a spring check out. I can also help out on the ground.Regards,

Rich

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Participant

Looking for an early start on Saturday. 2-3 students planning on 8:00 AM. Can we get a tow pilot by 8:30?

Steve

Participant

Finally! A full day of flying. A total of 20 flights launched. Thanks to Mark and Gary for towing.

Sunday there will be a operation starting with 6 CAP flights scheduled to begin at 8:00 AM. Hopefully the winds will cooperate!

Steve

Participant

Saturday the 14th and Sunday the 15th should be nice days. Depending on the weather systems coming our way from the west we may see rain but also cooler temperatures. Lighter winds are for certain. Students, plan on an early start on Saturday. Sunday I have CAP flights starting at 8AM (Thanks Michael).

Now Monday! If the trend holds we will see strong conditions with lift up to and beyond 8k feet. Good day to work on your badges and personal endurance records.

Steve

Participant

Saturday start time is 8AM.

Steve

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                      Participant
                        I would like to ask if I can get season Spring checkout, started with Steve or Don or Tim or Gary or Mark or Geoff.  Appears that Don is already busy, towing Sat. 
                        Participant

Of course. Count on it.

Steve

Sent: Friday, May 13, 2022 6:02 PM
                          To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
                          Subject: Reply To: Saturday and Sunday; By Dennis Burke, [Sky Soaring]

Participant

Another beautiful day until…

18 flights total thanks to Don and John S. Students, spring check outs, a solo renewal. Then the Pawnee hiccups and we shut down.

No flying until the issue is resolved. However,  I would like to get Pumpkin assembled tomorrow. Start time 10am.

Participant

Meeting Saturday starts at 9 followed by flying. Sign up now. Sunday 6 CAP flights scheduled starting at 8. Need a tow pilot please.

Participant

Sunday was another really nice day. 21 flights total, 10 in the CAP glider. Petr was last seen at 3:35 and was nowhere to be found when must of us left at 5:00. He may still be circling out there somewhere. 3 other flights were at least 1 hour. don took 39E up for it’s first flight today. He suggest wearing hearing protection until we locate the source of the high volume.

Thanks to Mark, John S and Gary for towing today.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Steve

Participant

Steve

Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 8:12 PM
                                  To: Smsrsnyder@comcast.net
                                  Subject: Reply To: Saturday and Sunday; By Steven Snyder, [Sky Soaring]

Attachments:

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
                                  Participant
                                    Good to hear that we had some good weather at Sky Soaring and some good flights. Today was the practice day at the Albert Lea contest and it was good WX here also.
                                    Glad to hear that the 1-26C has been flown. Its a wonderful donation to the club. That noise might be from an inspection cover. I have had this happen to me. Try taping all the covers and see if the issue goes away.
                                    John H DeRosa

On Sunday, May 22, 2022, 08:12:07 PM CDT, SSI <webmaster@skysoaring.com> wrote:

Petr FolwarcznyPetr Folwarczny
                                    Participant

Still here and live. Thank you for all for your help on my first flight day on my glider. I took three take offs and flew almost 5 hours during the first day. During my third flight, I repeatedly reached 7700 MSL and briefly visited Poplar Grove. Thank you Greg Tomczyk and John Scott who waited for me

From: SSI [mailto:webmaster@skysoaring.com]
                                      Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2022 8:12 PM
                                      To: petrfolw@comcast.net
                                      Subject: Reply To: Saturday and Sunday; By Steven Snyder, [Sky Soaring]

Participant

Saturday was half work and half fly. 5 flights and mowing, glider work and tie-down work. Sunday looks decent,  reply and sign up now!

Participant

Saturday the 11th and Sunday the 12th. Saturday not a cross country day but looks like a good training day. Cooler temps, light winds and high clouds. Sunday more chance of rain but may still work out.

FYI I will not be available on Sunday.

Steve

Participant

Tow pilots needed. Saturday start time 9:00 am Sunday 8:00 am.

Please and thank you.

James SlocumJames Slocum
                                            Participant

I’ll be there Saturday. Jimbob

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                              Participant

<div class=”row row-even row-forecast”>
                                                <div>Hello:</div>
                                                </div>
                                                <div>A brief summary of the expected weather for June 11 & 12:</div>
                                                <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>Saturday:  </b>A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind 5 to 10 mph.</div>
                                                </div>
                                                <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>Sunday:  </b>A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 15 mph.</div>
                                                </div>
                                                <div>Regards,</div>
                                                <div>Rich</div>

Participant

Thanks, JimBob. Still looking for a towpilot on Sunday. I know Don and Mark are away, John S is busy Sunday mornings. JimBob is coming out Saturday. Weather permitting we have 6 CAP cadets scheduled for Sunday at 8. Anyone else available?

Steve

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                                  Participant

Hello:

Today was busy with some flying, cleaning, and maintenance.  Thanks to all who assisted in every way.

The weather for tomorrow:

Sunday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10am. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 75. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Regards,

Rich

Participant

As Rich mentioned it was a good day for training. A total of 18 flights and we were done around 2:30. None of the flights were long but all served a purpose. Thanks to JimBob and John S for towing.

Steve

Participant

Sunday is scheduled for flying. CAP flights start at 8am. Cloud bases may be low but forecast show it improving throughout the day. Tow pilots are scheduled.

Steve

Viewing 25 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.