Last Warm Weather Flying This Week

Welcome to Sky Soaring Forums Restricted content Last Warm Weather Flying This Week

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Don GrilloDon Grillo
      Keymaster

Looking at the forecast for this week, through Sunday, it’s looking like this may be the last week of warmer weather to get some flying in.  I would like to get a few members out this week to see if we can get the Krosno and 2-33 in the new hangar or, will it have to be a different combination of gliders.  Then next Saturday I would like to get a crew to disassemble the gliders that will not be going in the new hangar. It may be the last day that we have some warm weather.  It beats dissembling gliders in 20 degree temperatures.  We will still have two gliders available to fly when weather permits.

Regards,
        Don
        MX Chair

John DeRosaJohn DeRosa
        Participant
          I can be there Wednesday afternoon, Thursday afternoon or all day Friday. 
          John H DeRosa
          Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
          Participant

I could help Thurs or Fri aft, for hanger fit-check.

ANDRZEJ CHICEWICZANDRZEJ CHICEWICZ
            Participant

Let’s go fly tomorrow !

If you vote for the new president in the morning,we can fly at 11am ,only two days this week (low wind)Tuesday and Friday.

Please select the day when we will be moving the gliders  to new hangar

I will help.

Andy.C

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
              Participant

Hello:

Friday:  Sunny, with a high near 71. Light south southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning.

Saturday:  Sunny, with a high near 71. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Don and Andy have a good forecast of the weather.  It may get breezy Saturday afternoon.  I may be able take Friday off to assist at the field if there is still a plan to get some work done.

Regards,

Rich

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                Keymaster

As Rich mentioned, Friday would be a great day to get some work done out at the field. There is a big dumpster out at the new hangar with lots of room in it and I was told by Jim H. that we can fill it up. It would be nice to clean out the attic in the Sky Soaring hangar and take advantage of that dumpster.  What do you say we meet at around 10am. Who ever is available to come out and help would be great…Thanks

Don

Don GrilloDon Grillo
                  Keymaster

Hey Crew, the dumpster that we were going to fill up with junk has been picked up so, we will call off the work crew for Friday. Still looking for folks to show up on Saturday for flying and maybe disassembly of a glider or two on Saturday.

Don

Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
                    Participant

I’m available to tow or instruct tomorrow (Friday) if anyone wants to fly…

Mark

Dennis BurkeDennis Burke
                      Participant
                        I will be able to help with dis-assembly Sat.Is there still need to “fit-check” 2 gliders,  for possible hanger storage? Is that task needed on Sat?

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                        Participant

I took Friday off. What are your tow hours?

Mark ReichMark Reich
                          Participant

Mark, Saturday or Sunday but not Friday..

Mark MallamoMark Mallamo
                            Participant

Rich and all,

I’m available anytime Friday.  Let’s enjoy this Indian Summer while it lasts…

-Mark

Karl LandlKarl Landl
                              Participant

While picking up my trailer yesterday I accidentally drove into a cinder block that was left behind by my neighbor damaging my front suspension. The repair cost? $950.00!!! My word to all trailer owners: Please clean up your tie-down area after you removed your trailers! Don’t leave all your blocks behind! I had enough of this season!

Karl

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                Participant

<div class=”row row-odd row-forecast”>
                                  <div class=”col-sm-10 forecast-text”>Hello:</div>
                                  </div>
                                  <div>Forecast weather:</div>
                                  <div class=”row row-even row-forecast”>
                                  <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>Saturday:  </b>Sunny, with a high near 72. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.</div>
                                  </div>
                                  <div class=”row row-odd row-forecast”>
                                  <div class=”col-sm-10 forecast-text”></div>
                                  </div>
                                  <div class=”row row-even row-forecast”>
                                  <div class=”col-sm-2 forecast-label”><b>Sunday:  </b>Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.</div>
                                  </div>
                                  <div></div>
                                  <div>Today there were  reported winds at “9 mph” from the ASOS/AWOS.  The historical information to today shows the wind at 13 and 17 gusting to 23 from the Southwest.</div>
                                  <div></div>
                                  <div>Thanks to new SPCFI-G John Scott for flying with me in the 2-33.  Long live the sport pilot certificate!</div>
                                  <div></div>
                                  <div>Regards,</div>
                                  <div></div>
                                  <div>Rich</div>
                                  <div></div>

Rich WalendaRich Walenda
                                  Participant

Hello:

Forecast weather:

Saturday:  Sunny, with a high near 72. South southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Today there were reported winds at “9 mph” from the ASOS/AWOS. The historical information to today shows the wind at 13 and 17 gusting to 23 from the Southwest.

Thanks to new SPI-G John Scott for flying with me in the 2-33.

Long live the sport pilot certificate!

Regards,

Rich

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.