The club is all about sharing the fun of flying gliders with friends and family. We sponsor planned social events throughout the year but every day provides an opportunity to participate in the sport – and build friendships in the process!
- Location. Our private field is only 45 minutes northwest of Chicago off Interstate 90.
- The club has nine FAA certified flight instructors and fifteen tow pilots.
- Members have free use of the club’s five gliders. No rental fees!
- FAA Flight Examiner available for private and commercial glider check rides.
- Tow and winch fees are very reasonable!
- Sky Soaring airport (55LL) has a 2,600 ft. grass runway, a hangar, pilot’s club room, and free tie-down and trailer space for privately owned gliders. Our airport is privately owned and is not a busy commercial operation. It has no pattern congestion with power planes and no air space intrusion by sport parachutists.
- Opportunity to grow life-long friendships – priceless.
Flying at Sky Soaring is Very Affordable!
- One-time new membership initiation fee is $150.
- Associate Membership – $900 annually (may be paid quarterly) which includes a membership in both the Soaring Society of America (SSA) and the Chicagoland Glider Council (CGLC).
- Family Membership – Parent plus youth or family member – Associate $900 + $50 per family member.
- Patron Membership – (optional) One-time $1000 (can be paid over 2 years) gain voting rights and able to hold club officer positions. (Yearly dues drop to $800)
Ages 13-22 or active college student
- Youth & Junior Membership – (school enrolled students) is $250 annually *(no initiation fee). Includes SSA and CGLC membership.
- Youth and Junior Scholarships available through CGLC and the SSA.
Adding Family Members
- Family membership is $50 for each additional pilot.
The Sky Soaring Board of Directors will review your application and the membership coordinator will contact you after your application fee is received.
Their is a refundable (should your application not be accepted) $150.00 initiation fee to apply for Sky Soaring Membership.
*(No initiation fee for Junior membership applications.)
Please make your $150.00 check payable to;
SKY SOARING INC.
Mail To: Paul Letourneau
1656 Viking Court
Rockford, IL. 61107