Sky Soaring was established in 1984 by a number of soaring pilots that lived and flew in the Chicagoland area. Today the club has approximately 90 members ranging in age from 14 to 80. Pilots range in experience from new students to airline pilots.
Our glider club owns and operates a diverse fleet of gliders, 1 tow plane and a new Tost Aero Winch.
- Piper Pawnee – 235HP Tow Plane
- Tost 2 Drum Aero Winch
- Schweizer SGS 2-33a (2) (2 Place Trainer)
- Lark IS-28B2 (17meter 2 Place w/flaps and retractable gear)
- PZL-Krozno KR-03 (2 Place)
- PZL-Swidnik PW-5 Smyk (Single Place)
- Schweizer SGS 1-26 (Single Place)